Nothing says summer like grilled shellfish.
In 2010, the New York Post profiled Chef Todd’s grilled shellfish recipes for an end-of-summer feature. This grilled littleneck clams recipe—a throwback from Chef Todd’s South Edison days in Montauk—is perfect for a summer day.
Not sure how to grill shellfish? Don’t worry. It’s easier than you think!
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed and cleaned (When you order from our online Crave Fishbar Market, your littleneck clams will be cleaned and scrubbed for you!)
- 1.5 pounds lobster mushrooms (or any other wild mushrooms)
- 1 small Serrano chili, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes, cored and squeezed into a pulp by hand
- 4 spring onion bulbs, finely sliced
- 4 oz. fresh chervil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil kosher salt
- Brush the mushrooms with oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Grill mushrooms on medium-high heat for about two minutes on each side, until they have a nice crust and are becoming juicy.
- Chop mushrooms coarsely and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients except the clams to the mix, and season with salt, to taste.
- Put littlenecks on the grill.
- As soon as they open completely, transfer them to a serving platter.
- Spoon some of the grilled mushroom relish over the top.